The security of your hosted wallet is Bitvavo’s highest priority. Bitvavo has several measures in place, including storing the vast majority of assets on cold wallets, to ensure the security of your digital currency on your hosted wallet at Bitvavo. Nevertheless it is always recommended to withdraw your digital currency to your own hardware wallet to ensure that you are completely independent.
In this article will be described how you could easily transfer your digital currency from your Bitvavo account to your hardware wallet.
1. Login to your Bitvavo account.
2. Choose the digital currency you would like to transfer and click on it.
3. Withdraw the digital currency by going to “Withdraw” and click on it.
4. Choose the amount of digital currency you would like to withdraw and enter this in the box “Amount”.
5. Enter the address where you would like to transfer your digital currency to by entering them in the box ‘’Adress’’.
Please note: If you want to transfer EOS, NEM, STEEM, XLM and XRP you need to include an additional description.
6. Check and confirm the transaction.
7. Confirm your transaction via email.
Congratulations, you have successfully transferred your digital currency to your hardware wallet which makes you completely independent.
This article was the fourth of a serie of articles about security measures to ensure the protection of your Bitvavo account. This as safeguarding your funds and your privacy is our number one objective. Next week Bitvavo will provide you with an in-depth article on how to securely use our API.