Yesterday, October 27 2021, some customers had intermittent connectivity issues to Bitvavo.com, Bitvavo Mobile, and the Bitvavo app, resulting in transaction delays.
These issues were the result of a substantial increase in the traffic load to the platform between 10:24 - 10:26 and 22:39 - 22:50 CET. No customer data or funds were lost, and the connectivity issues were resolved within a short period of time.
Availability and security are of critical importance for Bitvavo. We would like to apologize for the unexpected connectivity issues some customer might have had and for the uncertainty and limited availability experienced.
What we will do to improve our services
In order to offer you a better experience and to prevent similar connection issues, we work on Bitvavo day and night, seven days a week.
We took and will take the following actions:
- We have identified a number of inefficiencies which we resolved last night.
- We will perform maintenance and upgrades during the coming nights to ensure the performance, availability, and stability of the Bitvavo platform.
- We will set-up a dedicated status page, besides our Twitter account, to keep you informed about the status of the Bitvavo platform at all times.
- We continue to invest in the best IT talent. Are you a developer and do you want to work in crypto? Check out our vacancy website!
- We are expanding our customer service team. We're hiring more staff to make sure everyone gets a response on time.
The Bitvavo platform is fully operational. We know this post cannot answer all the questions you may have. If you have any specific question regarding this downtime or the security of your Bitvavo account, do not hestitate to contact email@example.com.